WALL COVERINGS | INSTALLATION GUIDE
LEATHER TILES AND MOSAICS INSTALLATION GUIDE
SELF ADHESIVE TAPE – PEEL AND STICK
Just grab your tile, peel, stick and hold for a while for permanent adhesion
- Sort the tiles with self adhesive tape to help you apply them easy direct to the wall.
-Since self adhesive is very strong and one-time use, do not press the tile to the wall until you are certain that perfect placement has been achieved. Each time the adhesive touches a surface, tile re-positioning or reaplication, the strenght of the adhesive deteriorates itself, a new adhesive layer should be used.
- Press the tile firmly against the wall for a couple of minutes to activate the adhesive and create a permanent bond.
DIRECT CONTACT GLUE
Although our self adhesive tape should be enough for a permanent installation, depending on final destination wall surface and environment conditions, we recommend to use contact glue for a perfect and long lasting adhesion.
- Simple apply the contact glue with a spray gun, scrapper or brush on both surfaces, wall and backside of the tile.
- Wait few minutes until the glue becomes tacky
- Place the tile carefully on the wall and hold it for a while until if full adheres, pressing firmly all sides of the tile.
GENERAL INSTALLATION GUIDE
Installing and checking wall surface
- Peel, stick and press each tile firmly against the wall for a while to activate the adhesive and make a strong bond, otherwise a weak bond may occur.
- Apply tiles only on smooth, flat, rigid, non-flexible surfaces.
- Repair cracks, fill joints and wall imperfections to get a flat, even surface.
- Wall surface must be clean of debris, dust, moisture or any other materials.
- Remove any loose, flaking paint and/old wall coverings before installing.
- Paint must be completely dried before atempting to fix the tiles. Consider that dark coated paints take longer to set.
- Color the wall surface matching the tiles in order to mask any peek-through associated with tiles
- Draw sketch lines on the wall based on tiles measurements and place each tile on its place following the design/pattern, do not rely on just butting tiles together.
- Unpack your tiles once arrived for inspection and do not keep in storage for long period of time. Any question after checking, please contact us inmediately.
- Avoid using the product with direct sunlight or moisture contact. Although most of our materials are strong enough to work under different conditions, it is not guaranteed against fading or discolor.
- Do not stack padded tiles or place heavy objects on top of tiles, it may damage the leather and/or tile structure.
- Arrange the tiles on the floor before installing on the wall
- Follow our easy installation guide to help prevent damages to the tiles and any other sorrounding area.